On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, in response to the growing concern over the spread of COVID-19, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced that Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez has suspended all public Masses in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia effective at 12:00pm on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 and until further notice.
What does this mean at Our Lady of Good Counsel? Below are some changes and accommodations to our daily and weekly functions and devotions:
- Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020 and until further notice, there will be NO 9:00am daily Mass and NO 8:00am daily Mass on Saturdays.
- Effective Saturday, March 21/Sunday, March 22, there will be NO 4:30pm, 8:00am, 10:00am or 12:00pm weekend Masses.
- Funeral Masses will continue to take place as usual, but with due regard for the limitation of participants and reasonable social distancing. NO Church visitations (viewings) will be scheduled until further notice.
- Parishioners are encouraged to log on to our parish website where they can pray along as our Sunday Masses continue to be celebrated in our church and, on weekdays, daily Mass celebrated by Bishop Robert Barron can be viewed.
- Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, Stations of the Cross are suspended until further notice.
- Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, Monday evening devotions (Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet and Novena) are suspended until further notice.
CHURCH OPENING AND CLOSING SCHEDULES:
- Monday through Friday, until further notice, Our Lady of Good Counsel Church will open at 9:00am and close at 2:00pm.
- Saturday, until further notice, Our Lady of Good Counsel Church will open at 8:30am and close at 12:00pm.
- Sunday, until further notice, Our Lady of Good Counsel Church will open at 9:00am and close at 12:00pm.
- During open church hours, the faithful may enter church for private adoration and prayer.
EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT:
- Until further notice, Monday through Friday, the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed 9:00am- 2:00pm.
- Until further notice, Saturday and Sunday, the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed 9:00am-12:00pm.
- Confession will continue under our normal schedule, Saturday, 8:30am-9:30am.
- Additional Confession times will be also available on Saturday, April 4 (from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM) and Wednesday, April 8 (from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM and from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM)
- The decision has been made to suspend our Tuesday Bingo until further notice.
- All ministry/club meetings are suspended until further notice.
- Our parish office hours, until further notice, will be: M-F 10AM-5PM, SAT 9AM-12PM.
- Our Scrip office, until further notice, will be open on Monday and Tuesday (5 PM – 7 PM) and Friday (10 AM – 2 PM).
Message from Archbishop Pérez
Spiritual Resources during the Coronavirus Restrictions
During these difficult days, the Lord always remains close to us and provides us ways to receive His grace even when we cannot attend Mass in person.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s Office for the New Evangelization has collected many excellent resources to nourish you spiritually and help you remain as close as possible to Jesus in the Eucharist during this time.
Click here to learn more.
Mass on TV, Radio, & the Internet
For those of you who are still interested in participating in Sunday/Daily Mass remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our Mass Schedule page for various available options.